Monday, January 13, 2014

2014- Yeast Free With Me- Day 1

So, I've decided to do it. To better myself for Me. I have put a lot of thought into what I was willing to change in 2014. This is, of course one of the most eventful years of my life to date, so I wanted to kick it off with a new- healthy me.

I've been a daily reader of, this amamzing gem of a blog for a little over 3 years now, and up until recently that's all I was- a reader. I was always a in-the-crowd cheerleader. I never commented, I never gave feedback- I just read along and silently cheered for her through all her ups and downs. Last week Steph issued a "challenge" as she does every January, and for some reason it just registered with me. I shot her an email begging for more information and was met with open arms (via email). I knew after reading it, this was what would kick start the change for me in 2014.

 photo Yeast-Free-With-Me_zps9e9a88d4.jpg


I have now signed up to be part of the "Yeast Free 30 day Challenge" with Physicians Preference for their support through my 30 day YF challenge. The first two weeks are going to be the hardest- and for a fruit lover like myself, it my actually kill me. BUT, I have been assured that the pros far out weigh the cons!

So, I'm doing it! I'm making the promise to myself to take the 30 day challenge, and see where it leads me. My ultimate goal would be to complete this 30 day challenge, and go on to live a 80/20 lifestyle all the way through to the wedding day in July. Again, this is just DAY 1- so I don't want to get too far ahead of myself!

So far today, my food intake had consisted of this:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with salsa + Water

AM Snack: 1/2 a Larabar (Peanut butter cookie)

Lunch: Roasted Chicken breast + 1/2 raw bell pepper dipped in Garlic Hummus


My after noon snack is going to be a hand full of Cashews, and for dinner tonight I have steamed broccoli, grilled chicken and black beans. I'm feeling full, and pretty impressed with myself for making it to 2 p.m. and not having a single caffeinated drink. ( I typically drink a Diet Coke EVERY-SINGLE-DAY with lunch...and sometime more than that). That's a big thumbs up to me!!

What changes are you going to make to better yourself for 2014??

 photo New-Year-New-You_zpsfde25e7b.png



 photo signature_zps38291045.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment