Thursday, February 6, 2014

Totally M.I.A, and for no good reason!

Good morning! I've officially been the worst blogger ever for the past oh, I don't know WEEK! Not a word- not even just a photo post, nothing. Total loser over here, and for no apparent reason. Life has been extra busy and filled to the brim lately. My cup runneth over with wedding planning, weekends spent around the bonfire with great friends and trying my hardest to stick to this ol' YF Diet of mine.

I am currently down 9 lb.s today, and I could not be more thrilled. I feel better, my clothes are getting more comfy and overall I feel like this could be a manageable lifestyle change in a 80/20 capacity. A big thank you goes to the fiance for the big kick in the pants I needed to get the jump start on keeping better track of myself (AKA, proposing to me knowing I would do anything in my power to not be a "fat bride". Well played Mr.Hares, well played.) I would love to say I've been trying new recipes and adding spice to the old eating, but in all honesty i've essentially been eating the same dinners nearly every night. Below is what a typical week looks like for me.


Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with 2 turkey sausage patties, and a cup of coffee sweetened with Stevia (Maybe a couple cherry tomatoes if I'm extra hungry)

Snack: Celery with All natural peanut butter

Lunch: Grilled chicken salad with Apple Cider Vinegar, pineapple/coconut flavored water to drink and a tomato or avocado on the side

Snack: A hand full of almonds, Terra chips or apples with all natural peanut butter

Dinner: pan seared chicken or shrimp in a 1/2 tbs butter and some Mrs.Dash, mixed with red/green bells, spinach, white onion and sometimes broccoli or black beans


The dinners I have Every.night. The breakfast/lunches will vary if I don't have what I need or am getting bored. I want to try the turkey tacos with Lettuce "shells" so I think I might actually do that this weekend, the only thing that worries me about it is wanting cheese on top and not getting to have any. I do better to not have the temptation there, so that will be a challenge!

Tuesday marked exactly 150 days, or 5 months until the big I DO's!! I can't believe how quickly this year is passing. I keep having dreams that I am forgetting something H U G E for the wedding, and don't remember until the day of. Talk about worst case scenario for a planners brain. I think I have counted about 25 lists I've made just in the past month alone for the wedding. Obsessive compulsive, guilty. More than anything I am excited to see it all come together, I know no matter what I will enjoy that day and for now I am just trying to relish these days as an engaged couple.

With Valentines coming up in just over a week, I need ideas for something cute/sentimental for the beau and the kids. Do you get your kids Valentines gifts? I Know it seems super cheesy, but it's a tradition my mom started when all of us where younger. My mom literally got us small gifts for every holiday, and even once got my sister and I matching Hanukkah socks. No, we are not Jewish. Lol. That was just how she was, each and Evey Holiday was special and all the big ones (i.e Easter, Christmas, July 4th, Valentines, Halloween) came with gifts and a house full of decorations. I kid you not, this woman has a box of decorations for any and all holidays. It was so fun as a kid, and I want to carry that on to my children. Do you have any holidays/traditions that may be silly or crazy but you do it out of the sense of carrying on the tradition?

That's all I got today- off to save some dummies. Literal ones. Today is my CPR/First Responder training course from 12-5 p.m. Wish me luck~



No comments:

Post a Comment